As of late, and don’t ask me why, I have learned to appreciate the debut by CRUCIFIX. It is sloppy, the guitar’s out of tune, the songs sound like the band was sedated, they’re just too slow. But still, this has got a lot of charme, especially when you think what a scorcher the following […]
Annual Donation RoundThank you for your donations!
Quote of the moment:«What strikes me is the fact that in our society, art has become something which is related only to objects and not to individuals, or to life. That art is something which is specialized or which is done by experts who are artists. But couldn't everyone's life become a work of art? Why should the lamp or the house be an art object, but not our life?» (Michel Foucault)
On heavy rotation:
BULLDOZER's lost 1984 demo. Awesome!
Movie of the moment:
«Another Woman». Recently revisited this somehow overlooked Woody Allen movie. Stunningly complex and well balanced between straight story telling and a very elaborate character study.
Book of the moment:
Jugendliteratur ist ja nun nicht mein bevorzugtes Genre, aber dieser Roman des kürzlich verstorbenen Wolfgang Herrndorf ist ein aussergewöhnlicher Roadtrip in einem geklauten Auto. Unangepasst, sensibel und eine richtige Energiepille vom feinsten!
- Not even an announcement! April 29, 2014
- SEX DWARF- Full av aska 7″EP (D-Takt & Rapunk Records / Konton Crasher, Sweden 2013) December 24, 2013
- RE-UP: In memoriam Jeff Hanneman (1964-2013): SLAYER- Instrumental rehearsal session for “Hell awaits” (1985) September 30, 2013
- CRUCIFIX- s/t 12″EP (Universal Records, USA, 1981) September 15, 2013
- Squirt, The: s/t Cassette Album (selfproduced, Switzerland, 1983) September 12, 2013
- CHEETAH CROME MOTHERFUCKERS- s/t 7″EP (Cessofonya Records, Italy, 1981) May 12, 2013
- GHOST- Year Zero Video March 26, 2013
- OVERDRIVE- s/t 7″EP (Boring Grantham Records, UK, 1981) March 7, 2013
- ANTISECT: Out from the Void 7″ (Endangered Musik, UK, 1986) January 20, 2013
- SCREAMING SNEAKERS- Marching Orders 12″ EP (Screaming Sneakers Records, USA, 1982) January 6, 2013