Ever dreamed of the the following situation?
You’re standing somewhere in the city (or in a forest – that’d make a neat picture too), dwelling on thoughts. Out of the blue, some guy walks to you with a friendly smile on a friendly face: “Hi! Aren’t you the guy who knows practically everything about good and bad music? Well, I’ve got a question. How did the NWOBHM end?” You’d look at him and nod your head benevolently. “Oh”, you’d say while lighting a cigarette, “that’s a good question.”
At this point, you’d inhale with your eyes half shut and then exhale very slowly, looking the geezer straight in the eye. “I happen to have this 7″ and a portable turntable on me, which is a rather nice coincidence, don’t you think.” You’d pull out the turntable which runs on batteries, an ugly but in some way not unattractive, stylish plastic crime in red and out of the other pocket, you’d draw one of the final releases on the once ground setting Neat Records label, the one and only 7″ by a band called STATE TROOPER.
Carefully you’d put the needle on. Audible rustling. You’d tip off the ashes before taking another deep drag, turn your head and look up to the blue sky.
Annual Donation RoundThank you for your donations!
Quote of the moment:«What strikes me is the fact that in our society, art has become something which is related only to objects and not to individuals, or to life. That art is something which is specialized or which is done by experts who are artists. But couldn't everyone's life become a work of art? Why should the lamp or the house be an art object, but not our life?» (Michel Foucault)
On heavy rotation:
BULLDOZER's lost 1984 demo. Awesome!
Movie of the moment:
«Another Woman». Recently revisited this somehow overlooked Woody Allen movie. Stunningly complex and well balanced between straight story telling and a very elaborate character study.
Book of the moment:
Jugendliteratur ist ja nun nicht mein bevorzugtes Genre, aber dieser Roman des kürzlich verstorbenen Wolfgang Herrndorf ist ein aussergewöhnlicher Roadtrip in einem geklauten Auto. Unangepasst, sensibel und eine richtige Energiepille vom feinsten!
- RE-UP: In memoriam Jeff Hanneman (1964-2013): SLAYER- Instrumental rehearsal session for “Hell awaits” (1985) September 30, 2013
- CRUCIFIX- s/t 12″EP (Universal Records, USA, 1981) September 15, 2013
- Squirt, The: s/t Cassette Album (selfproduced, Switzerland, 1983) September 12, 2013
- CHEETAH CROME MOTHERFUCKERS- s/t 7″EP (Cessofonya Records, Italy, 1981) May 12, 2013
- GHOST- Year Zero Video March 26, 2013
- OVERDRIVE- s/t 7″EP (Boring Grantham Records, UK, 1981) March 7, 2013
- ANTISECT: Out from the Void 7″ (Endangered Musik, UK, 1986) January 20, 2013
- SCREAMING SNEAKERS- Marching Orders 12″ EP (Screaming Sneakers Records, USA, 1982) January 6, 2013
- F- You are an E.P. 12″EP (Intendo Distorto Records, USA, 1984) December 28, 2012
- VENOM- Witching Hour Video Clip December 26, 2012