Ever dreamed of the the following situation?
You’re standing somewhere in the city (or in a forest – that’d make a neat picture too), dwelling on thoughts. Out of the blue, some guy walks to you with a friendly smile on a friendly face: “Hi! Aren’t you the guy who knows practically everything about good and bad music? Well, I’ve got a question. How did the NWOBHM end?” You’d look at him and nod your head benevolently. “Oh”, you’d say while lighting a cigarette, “that’s a good question.”
At this point, you’d inhale with your eyes half shut and then exhale very slowly, looking the geezer straight in the eye. “I happen to have this 7″ and a portable turntable on me, which is a rather nice coincidence, don’t you think.” You’d pull out the turntable which runs on batteries, an ugly but in some way not unattractive, stylish plastic crime in red and out of the other pocket, you’d draw one of the final releases on the once ground setting Neat Records label, the one and only 7″ by a band called STATE TROOPER.
Carefully you’d put the needle on. Audible rustling. You’d tip off the ashes before taking another deep drag, turn your head and look up to the blue sky.
- All links taken down very soon! March 15, 2015
- Goodbye to goodbadmusic.com! March 5, 2015
- Not even an announcement! April 29, 2014
- SEX DWARF- Full av aska 7″EP (D-Takt & Rapunk Records / Konton Crasher, Sweden 2013) December 24, 2013
- RE-UP: In memoriam Jeff Hanneman (1964-2013): SLAYER- Instrumental rehearsal session for “Hell awaits” (1985) September 30, 2013
- CRUCIFIX- s/t 12″EP (Universal Records, USA, 1981) September 15, 2013
- Squirt, The: s/t Cassette Album (selfproduced, Switzerland, 1983) September 12, 2013
- CHEETAH CROME MOTHERFUCKERS- s/t 7″EP (Cessofonya Records, Italy, 1981) May 12, 2013
- GHOST- Year Zero Video March 26, 2013
- OVERDRIVE- s/t 7″EP (Boring Grantham Records, UK, 1981) March 7, 2013